Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: April/May 2016 lite Challenge: Base Camp

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Thanks Ladiestorm. I didn't used to have too much problem with it crashing at all, until I dropped my laptop and it cracked wide open. Now every once in a while the program crashes. And with the new Perspectives 3, it does it more often, especially since I don't have a powerful computer to begin with. This is just an 8 gig machine with a 2.66 quad core processor. Unfortunately, 8 gig is all it can take. If I could afford to buy another laptop I would have done so by now but I'm stuck with this thing until I can save some money.

The sad part about this is that the PNG is all I have left of this. I drew those rooms and those pyramids, they aren't symbols that you just place, so it takes some work to get them to fit right, and after all of that, I thought my autosave would have saved it. I even pressed the normal save button to save it quite a bit but I think with the massive memory usage, some of the saves didn't take

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Sorry Tonnichiwa, I have seen this map progressing, but have just been so busy with other stuff that I haven't had any time to properly devote to commenting.

I love the concept and the little bit of land you see at the top. You don't often get isometric maps quite like that. Some great attention to detail, from the person impaled on the spikes to all the hieroglyphics you drew in the lower chamber!

A shame about your laptops and the saves...but at least you managed to get this exported okay!

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

Thanks GLS, Glad you enjoyed watching the progress and the finished product. If I could have figured out how to make Wall Shearing symbols I would have also put hieroglyphics all over the bases of those pyramids. Sadly, since I can't quite figure out how to make those, the pyramids go without hieroglyphs. They just wouldn't look right going around the circles without changing shape and size.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123