Thread: HandsomeRob strikes again...

Default HandsomeRob strikes again...

HandsomeRob hasn't posted here in a while but while searching around last night I came upon some of his maps and particularly this totally awesome version of the area around Thay. You can read more on CandleKeep, as he made it available for sale through DMGuild.
    You'll want to go check it out as it's awesome, like all of Rob's maps. You can also see some of his work with SteamPulp, which are splendid maps.

It's only got a few thousand labels. No biggie. :p
    That map is awesome, it's a shame he doesn't post here any more if that is the case.

Yup, some nice work there.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Wow, that may replace one of yours J.E. as my new screen background beautifully detailed map, I'll be staring at this one for a while. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Wow, that may replace one of yours J.E. as my new screen background beautifully detailed map, I'll be staring at this one for a while. Thanks for posting.
    haha, well, Rob's stuff is very impressive, so I wouldn't feel too bad
    What were you using as a background, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a curious sort of fellow.

I rotate through them about twice a month - but recently I had Marmenadir and yours and Max's Anniversary Maps - always inspiration! Plus many other guild members over the months.

The water on Marmenadir just floors me! Love that one gets deep quickly and the other is a lovely beach with soft waves lapping up to the beach. The blue/green color is perfect. I love how you know the boat was dragged ashore, always love those little hints of civilization.

Excellent maps, indeed! I hadn't look on the steampulp atlas since a long while, so thanks for the reminder J.!

An amazing piece of work by HandsomeRob. Probably the most detailed yet elegant work done for a FR map.