Thread: Boredom Country again

Wip Boredom Country again

An envelop sadly forsaken on a desk, 2 hours with pencils and half an hour with photoshop and here's what you get :

Ennui.jpg

Colored :

Ennui couleur.jpg

I'll do shadows ... someday.

Hehe, I wish I had as much free time as you!

I really like your mountains. They're very well drawn, and I like how the forests surround them. The coloured version is nice, but it needs some different tones, as you mention, as everything is a little flat at the moment. Coastlines look great!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Free time ? I don't think so lady, it's the end of the year and pupils are having their final exam (the baccalaureate) and the best way to watch over them is to make them believe you do not watch at all. What you could easily think idleness is, in fact, the most twisted strategy. On the bright side, it allows me to produce another map on which I'm going to train my shading skills

Joke appart, thanks for the kind words. I'm trying to improve my mountains and the tiny details need improving, I have to be more consistent but I think I'm making progress. With the forests I'm trying to get a sense of perspective and eastern ones work well in that department but the western ones need improvement. At least I get the crawling forest feel right I think.

The colors are awful, you're right, I'll try to add a texture layer to break the monotony of the craft enveloppe.

Thanks again

Looking good so far. Man, with so many maps in the workshop, you're like a four-handed cartographer !

I don't think that's a sadly forsaken envelope, it should be honored to have another one of your great maps on it!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM