Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June 2016 Challenge: My Neighborhood

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    It's looking great! I think you can create a fantasy feel (if that's what you want) with the colouring. Nothing I see so far makes me think it's too modern for a fantasy map.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Looks like you're neighbourhood is quite green . Like it so far, and yeah, it does'nt look really modern right now... If you're putting a garden dwarf, it's still fantasy right ?
    Thanks! Yes, it is quite green in the summer (in the winter it is completely white ).

I'm not really sure what direction I'm going to go yet. I've done some sci-fi things but not sure I want to keep them, still going to try for a medieval fantasy style.

Neighborhood.jpg

Anyway, let me know what you think. I'm not at all happy with how it's going yet, but I'll see if I can figure it out by the end of the month.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

How I see things, you sealed the deal by using your neighborhood as a general setting. You're good as for the challenge requirements. Now, if you want a medieval setting, you could easily go med-fan by using what you have drawn and put just a few elements in it. Keep the sic-fi stuffs (the crater and the wreckage, they could be the remnants of a battle between wizards or the scars left by a dragon attack. Transform the tallest building of your place into a tower (mage, guard ...) and add a dense forest on one edge of your map, a river, a cliff, whatever you want that gives it a more wild feeling and you're done, the labeling and a little story will do the rest.

And please, use the windmill of Rook and this time ... put a ballista on top, dammit !

PS : it looks great

This is looking really nice, like the Sci-fi thingy in the field crater and the roving thing underground, nice job, like the sketchy feel. Looking forward to seeing more,

Very nice! I like the paper color and those fantasy additions are just great!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Thomrey said it all: You've already got the basic thing nailed, now the rest is all just imagination and coolness.

And I don't think you should feel bad about how it's progressing; it looks great to me.

This is already looking fantastic Josiah.
    Love the crater and especially that nice skid mark and debris.
    It's going to be interesting to see where you go with this.

Thanks everyone! Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to finish this in time.. Hopefully I'll get to finish it after the challenge though.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

You have to! I really like what you've already done and I'm intriguing by those fantasy elements.

Aw, sorry you haven't been able to do more on this, Josiah, as it's looking great. Think you've got a rather dodgy-looking neighbour lurking in that crater!!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12