Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: June/July 2016 Lite Challenge: Maplehurst

Oh... well I suppose it could be purplish red.. But to me it looks pretty pink.
    That's fine though, it just makes it more unique.
    It's a tree like this: Pink Crab Apple

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

The problem when you sample the color of something with PS or the Gimp is that what you meant to sample is made of several shades of the single color you get. I guess you can get the color you want by using a gringe brush at low opacity with a color jitter between this purple red and some sort of dark orange. Or maybe shading will fix what is to fix (if you think you need to fix something).

Hmmm... is it possible that it's a purple/pink/red? No advice here, Mr Barek. My color sense is probably worse than yours.

I do have some encouragement to give, however! I think your map is looking great!
    The introduction/story you posted first was great, btw; sucked me right in.

Thanks for the tip thomrey, I am aware of that and some shading will come in the future

Also thank you for the nice comment mixerbach, much appreciated!

Ok, so I added most of the little details and shaded and colored the majority of them...Why did I give myself so much to do
    Anyway here is the current state of the project, next up is finishing the road/grass border and adding that paint as well, then shading the maples and roofs and finally adding the surprise plus the additional panels. So I guess 3 or 4 updates still to come

### LATEST WIP ###
    jun_jul_16_4.jpeg

Cheers,
    Barek
    I'm allergic to pollen! - Amaranthus hypochondriacus

This is looking great. I like the trees even though the colour is a little unusual. I think they'll look great with a bit of shading.

I'm dying to know what the surprise is, so get a move on!!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank you for the comment ChickPea. I also hope that with some shading the trees will look better. And as for the surprise I still cant figure quite how to draw it but hopefully it will come to me in the next few days.

And as for updates,done with the colors of the main map!!! Now just some shading of the rooftops and the trees left and then on to the surprise(most of which will be shown in the additional windows), legend and the border. Full steam ahead!

Oh and also please comment on the grass color, would like to know your opinion.

### LATEST WIP ###
    jun_jul_16_5.jpeg

Cheers,
    Barek

PS. To all you USA members, happy 4th of July

Looking good but I'd partially erase the green in some place to give a variation of density.

Very nice Barek! I like the roofs and all the "stuff" details around the houses. The Trees (for me it's "raspberry" colored ) add a nice touch.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Very nice improvements Barek! I really like the way your colors blend with the paper texture, very nice choices there. I second Thomrey's suggestion. The shadings of the tree is well done. Are you going to add shadows to the trees and buildings? I think it would also add a lot.

Thank you for the nice and constructive comments guys

Regarding the green I agree with what you guys are saying. At first the layer was in normal mode but to me it looked to vibrant and I wanted the background to show through so i switched it to multiply and with that I lost the obvious variably in the green shades. So now I'll work on it a bit to make it lighter and darker at some places.

I will shade the trees and roofs and you are right I will try to add some shadow as well Ilanthar, good call. Will try it out today, shouldn't be too much work I think.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast