Thread: Aenora Political Map

Wip Aenora Political Map

aenora_map_iii___political_by_angiemyst-da2a5k1.jpg

So here's a map that's been through a lot of versions over the years! It's a pretty classic type of world map, and right now I'm focusing on the nation borders. Not all land is unclaimed, they're approaching industrial-revolution levels of tech. I'm not sure where to proceed from here; what would bring the aesthetic to the next level?

You seem to have a lot of unlabeled areas; might look into that. Also a bit odd the whole world has only 1 mountain range?

But I think it looks good as a simple overhead map. You might consider zoomed-in geographic maps for sections.

Purely aesthetically speaking I'd spin it 180 degrees, too, so that the seam is in the strait between Kasheen and the Solis Empire rather than splitting Eora like that.

If your focus isn't specifically on the Solis Empire region, you should follow acrsome's advice and move the whole map 180°. Try to have as much "unsplit" land on a worldmap as possible.

You might also leave out the mountains completely. A political map doesn't need to show geography. But if you want to show it, you might want to go for a different style. Industrial revolution tech level would imply a more precise approach to geographical surveying... and there the iconic style would no longer suffice. (But that of course is completely open to your worldbuilding.)