Thread: July 2016 Challenge: The Palace of Richye

Default July 2016 Challenge: The Palace of Richye

Starting my entry for this. I'm in so much awe of the other entries already, but it's far too much fun not to join in.

I posted my generator image here and I'm going for "A garden in the Palace of Richye, in a nearby kingdom." I'm going to do a palace with a formal garden including a maze.

I've made a start, but I should emphasise that this is *very* much a WIP, more about layout. So, for example, I've reused the same tree shape for now just to work out where to put things. The pink-ish shapes are going to be buildings. The central one will be the palace, and the one to the bottom left will be stables/staff quarters.

I'm not the fastest mapper and I've already lost half the month, so I might be pushed for time. I'm going to do as much as I can in Inkscape because 1) I love Inkscape and 2) it compensates somewhat for my crappy drawing!!

I'm going to spend the next few days ... um ... planting, and we'll see what grows! I need to introduce more colour as everything's too green at the moment and it needs contrast. I think some burgundy/purplish tones will work well so I'll try that. I also need to figure out how to make the maze look like a hedge rather than green lines. And I just realised that I've forgotten to put a gate in the wall, so yeah, that too. No idea if I'll get finished, but this is such a fun challenge that I've got to give it a bash.

### Latest WIP ###
    richye1.jpg
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yay! The more the merrier, right? And a good looking start so far.

Seems like a nice start ! Welcome aboard !

haha, that's the spirit
    The fun of it should always be in the forefront.
    Well, that's my view anyway. This is such a great challenge and is already loads of fun.
    Look forward to what you'll do.

Looks good, I can see this growing to be interesting!

-Dan

Well, the layout is very good (very "french garden" if you ask me )! The maze is an excellent idea. Waiting for your next moves