Thread: [WIP] World of Aduhr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Ok, I went and downgraded my laptop (since it isn't my primary computer) back into Windows 8, and refined the plate tectonic model. I didn't touch the plates themselves (since I'm definitely not re-doing the tectonics at this point!), but the model now extends further back in time, into the actual "Pangaea" stage, and also I adjusted the dates of various collisions. I'll probably post some slightly more refined versions (like in my previous post) of Palaeo-Aduhr at some point, but in the meantime here are some of the new GPlates maps.

200 mya (Pangaea, or "Ur-Aduhr", as I like to call the supercontinent):
    200 mya.png

150 mya (Ur-Aduhr breaks into three major pieces):
    150 mya.png

100 mya:
    100 mya.png

50 mya:
    50 mya.png

10 mya:
    10 mya.png

I might have to revisit some of my hotspot-formed island chains since the continental movements are a bit different in the new model. In particular the long island chain attached to Urgaleon (the polar continent) might need adjustment, as the Urgaleon-Eocidar collision occurred at a speed comparable to India-Asia on Earth, and it might be nice to have similar "long trails" of islands as the Indian plate has to show off this piece of tectonic history.

Note: I kept some of the minor continental plates in place as "landmarks" to save some unnecessary work. I envision their tectonic history as basically the same as it was in the previous version of the tectonic model (covered in post #15).
    Last edited by Charerg; 07-21-2016 at 06:38 AM.