Thread: ♦♦♦ Fred Vanterra joins the Guild ♦♦♦

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    Wow, Fred - in what way is that album unfinished? It's awesome that your world has a soundtrack - and then the music itself is delightful, to my tastes. If I'm working at my IT job or if I'm drawing maps, I need instrumental music -- stuff with vocals draws my attention too much. So those tracks are likely to underlie some of my work as well as yours - nicely done, sir.
    Thank you so, so much for your positive feedback. I am really pleasantly surprised that my music is getting such a positive feedback here. Other people hearing my music - that has always been a dream of mine. I hope you still enjoy it! Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by jbgibson View Post
    Map feedback - that's a serviceable map, I'm just not inclined to believe some of the river behavior.
    I have to thank you again or even more for your detailed and elaborated feedback. I would have never thought that someone takes such a close look at my map examining every river course. Wow. Thank you so much! Alright... let's discuss the rivers of Mythanien!

Tahara - Well... that makes total sense... Okay, I'm telling you what I had in mind and you tell me if that's possible, okay? I was thinking of the "Solsteine" surrounding the Tahara, keeping the river in shape, not allowing it to escape left or right until it finally makes its way down the cliff at Casoley. The whole peninsula was meant to be at least 100 m above sea level, I always had this picture of a great waterfall at the very west end of Mythanien in my mind...

Efa - Yeah, you got me. The low contrast couldn't conceal this unrealistic river course. So, it would be more realistic if I just create another river coming from the Western Mountains, flowing through Castelle and Maryat? In that case, I could do without the splitting and let the Efa just flow through Amri.

Saruegg-Tugo River - Same thing. If I just increase the amount of rivers, I could minimize the amount of crazy splittings, right? That's fine, as long as I can keep the wetlands around Pholdezi, this region is quite central to the story.

Thanks again for your post. Looking forward to hear from you again soon!
    Last edited by Fred Vanterra; 07-25-2016 at 11:14 AM.