Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyu'min - Recreating My Universe

This is a map of the continent of Valarina's political state 1113 post nomadium. I dunno how to represent both the politics and the geography on the same map as I think it gets too crowded, any suggestions?

valarina1113pm.jpg

I made a geographic and a political map for my northern most continent known as Ezarin.

ezaringeographics.jpg

ezarin1113pn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ImperialLuresha View Post
    This is a map of the continent of Valarina's political state 1113 post nomadium. I dunno how to represent both the politics and the geography on the same map as I think it gets too crowded, any suggestions?
    A conundrum which man has been dealing with since the dawn of mapping You can do a loose topographic and political but doing anything more feature intensive than a loose representation it really does get too crowded. Better to focus on salient features and goals for a single map and do other copies to fit other goals. The best artwork, writing, etc, isn't great because the author has managed to jam it full of stuff, but rather that he or she has managed to edit all that stuff out and focus. The same is probably true of maps or indeed of any form trying to communicate information...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12