Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 2016 Challenge: Delve of Tenebrous Annihilation

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    I'll make posts to the WiP section as I go along.
    M

Edit: And, I've seen your maps. You've got a useful voice.
    That's very kind of you to say so, but I really don't understand what any of you are talking about when you click into "Photoshop speak". I will have to learn the lingo before I interrupt too many times, or things could get a little confusing! LOL

Hmm. I wonder if a vid just covering the major concepts of Photoshop, GIMP, etc. would be useful to people? I'm sure there's already a lot of PS tuts out there on YT and elsewhere. Maybe I'll look around and see if there's something that's just a light intro.

If you could include some kind of comparison with CC3+ terminology that would be even better. For example, where you have only Layers, we have Sheets AND Layers, and just to add to the confusion there, our Sheets have more in common with your Layers than our Layers do.

The only reason I know even that much is because I have a very cranky old copy of CorelDraw, but there again the Layers do different things to the things that Photoshop Layers do, so I have a second level of confusion to cope with as well.

An interruption from me on your thread on a point of technique would be funny - yes... but only for the first two or three times
    Last edited by Mouse; 07-27-2016 at 04:33 PM.

I bought Campaign Cartographer a long time ago. Never got the hang of it...though I did like the fractal coastline/lake feature. I know people do amazing things with that software though. Dundjinni is another I really wanted to be able to love using but our relationship just didn't work out.
    M

Maybe we (meaning you of course because I'm a bit timid) could start a new thread for comparisons between the tools of the most commonly used cartographic software - a sort of "write it as you go" translation thingummy? You say "Well our layers do this and this", and I say "Well our layers do that and that", and then someone else could say "We call those xyz in DundJinni"...

Do you think that would be useful?

That actually sounds like a good idea. I'm booked up at the moment, trying to catch up on recording after a spate of real work, but I'll try to maybe start a discussion like that shortly.
    M

Just a suggestion, but maybe we should have discussion topics within the thread to keep it tidy, a bit like chapters in a book. We could have a "Fuzzy edge day", or "a bevel weekend" and so on

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12