Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Empire of Dor-en-Sann

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hireshmontvellos View Post
    Anything! Cities, or roads, or terrain. I have no idea from this map what the Empire of Dor-en-Saan is like, what its major landforms and cities may be, etc. Are there no landforms worth mentioning?
    Well if it's whetted your appetite for more that's a good thing It's a political map of a huge continent, I've marked a few important capital cities like the imperial city of Gaalkedch, but political maps don't usually have geographic features. Maybe the cities aren't sufficiently visible, I'll tinker with that. As a political map I initially didn't include the mountains and jungles, but I added them in because they're important political and economic barriers. There's actually a hugely important river that runs through the empire and connects it, I may add that in.

The back story is: due to overexpansion, climate change, famine and political upheaval, virtually all of the marked kingdoms collapsed shortly after this point in history and were plundered by neighbouring "barbarians", hence the looming barbarians pictured on the borders. Perhaps I need to make that clearer. There are also ethnic and religious divides between the nations but it's quite complicated, I was trying to keep the map simple.

Thanks for your comments, it all helps!
    Last edited by Robulous; 08-15-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Incremental update - I've added a few more cities and made them bigger and more legible, shown some economically important roads and rivers. This map is to be understood in context with other maps of my world of Helevos, which maybe I should properly introduce at some point!

dorensann v3.png

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12