Thread: Astrea and Ozpya (Kind-of a First Map)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by blue adventurer View Post
    everyone is using pc to create maps but still good job and can someone tell me how to upload my drawings im new to this
    To the uploading, after you save your map as a JPEG or PNG, you can upload it in one of the forums. When you create a new thread click on the "Insert Image" button and just upload the image from your drive or internet. In case you need visual aid, here's a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2016-08-25 at 7.27.37 PM.png

It takes a few seconds for it to load after you've pressed upload, but it'll upload. Hope this helps!

Wip

Today was a busy day. I went ahead and changed my color palette, so that meant I had to recolor my sea and land. Then came the mountains (and volcano), and then I went ahead and added my border, because I'm scatterbrained sometimes. The key will go on the parchment on the left, and the compass will go... somewhere. That part I haven't decided yet.

But this is what I got done today:
    Astrea and Ozpya D2.png

I used the Fuzzy Brush #19 to color the mountains and volcano. The colors from the volcano aren't in the palette, but it's probably my favorite part of the map so far. The parchment background is from Jonathan Roberts (off-site), and you can check out his map-making site here.

I'm not in love with my mountains, but thus far they're my best attempt.

Today I worked while watching another project from The Jim Henson Company, the TV show Dinosaurs, seasons one and two.

That'll probably be all for today. I need to have some sort of meal and take a break. Tomorrow I'll get to the forests and rivers, maybe some of the hills depending on time.