Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WIP- Abelav

Was on vacation for a while, and have been busy, so haven't done tons of work. But here's the current status:
    Geographic Features.jpg

And the region map:
    Base Regions.png

And an example of a political map:
    Political, Year 75.png

Next steps will be a compass rose, map border, headline label, then maybe some regional maps. Eventually city maps too, but city maps may be a bit more rudimentary as my project involves hundreds of years of history and change, and so city maps wouldn't necessarily stay relevant.

Did some more work, tweaked the landforms a bit, added label, scale, compass rose.
    Base Abelav Map.png

Then filled out all the major watersheds and endorheic basins:
    Drainage Basins.png

Another political map:
    Political, Year 50.png

And a map with dot sizes representing urban populations:
    Cities Year 50.png

There's something about the landshape that I find extremely pleasing, escpecially the area around the Mirror Sea. I love how that looks, nice work on the ocean. Nice use of Coyotemax' textures, they are truly wonderful.

One thing that kinda does catch my eye, however, is that the transition between (what I'm assuming to be) forest regions and the areas surrounding them, could be a little smoother. It looks a at places a touch too mechanic, if that's a correct word to use here... The small green-ish area around Zenta, to me, looks more natural in the way the darker green fades into the area around it.

Other than that, a really nice looking map. There's enough space here to immdiately evoke a feeling of exploration and adventure.

Thanks for the feedback! Been busy with work recently and haven't had tons of time to work on this.

Is there a part of the forest regions that looks particularly bad? It's helpful for me to be able to compare the good/bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123