Just to toss another piece of advice in. There is a tablet preferences option window that allows you to set all the characteristics of the tablet and pens/mouse. I would encourage you to take a look in there and play with some of the settings to get the feel and action to your liking. Also, you can set the pen to act like a mouse in different applications/windows. I set my pen to be mouse like when I am on the desktop and then act like a pen when I am in certain applications. This allows me to easily work with the applications in a way that I am used to. However, the more I use it the more comfortable I have gotten with the point to point mapping as Del mentioned.

Really the best advice is to do as Arcana and Del said and just use it for everything. I would highly recommend using the "input training applications" that you already have. Solitaire, Mine Sweeper, Free Cell, etc. Games are excellent training tools for learning how to use input devices as you aren't that worried about the "outcome" and they use all the different features of the input device you are using.