Hi everyone,

I'm doing a map for a roleplay campaign I'm doing and I would like to kindly request for some suggestions/tips regarding some things

First things first, here is my map in progress
The map is supposed to have hexes but I forgot to un-hide them on the lasted image. please check this older version to see the hexes.

Before I continue, I just would like to point out that
I'm not trying to make a truly real map and there are still lots of think in progress. However I'm trying follow a certain style and make it look good.
This map is going to be used in an online table top program (roll20) and that's the reason for it to bet... big (the hex sizes are exactly the size in roll20, so no need to stretch or shrink)
This is going to be used by the party to navigate hex by hex and explore the isle (each hexes will be 3 mile).
For reference, I would say that the south peninsula is finished (mission only some shadings on some trees)

Now the questions...
  1. I don't know the water. I don't know if its the colour or the ocean or what it is. At the moment, I don't really know what to do about it or how to fix it. Any suggestion?
  2. The blue cyan section are just temporary marked so that I know where I'm going to add some reef. I have never seen any map with similar style and reefs. Does anyone have any suggestion?
  3. do you think the hills section are too crowded ? should I give some space between them and add some scattered "plane" and "trees" areas around?
  4. the area with the 3 volcanoes is supposed to be a broken land (due to the volcanoes). I don't know if I like it ... any suggestions to make it better or improve it?
  5. the black/shady section near the volcanoes is supposed to be an area of tar pits (yes, its a big area). This area is around 6 hex wide by 1 hex hight (18 miles wide by 3 miles hight). any suggestions to improve it? or do you htink it's fine like this?
  6. Lakes ... same as ocean ... don't know what to do to fix them. Any suggestions?
  7. The river is another thing I don't like. I mean, I think that the shape is not bad and I need to redo the waterfall lake section in the plateau. but the colour and texture(?) its what bothers me (btw, I have made the river using Paths and them painted them on a layer on top of the map. I tried to make the river tick in proportion to the hex size so, the river should be around 900 ft wide (250~300 meters). Suggestions ?
  8. Do you think the grassland area are ok like this? (check on the south peninsula)

And finally... Overall, what do you think about the map so far?

Many thanks in advance for any help and suggesting you can provide

Cheers!