Thread: Central Boroso

Default Central Boroso

Hello!

I'm part of a shared constructed world to which people can add content in any form, including maps. My country on this world is situated on a continent called Boroso, and I wished to make a political map of it. Unfortunately, the topographic layout was not firmly defined except for the shape of the continent, so I made a more detailed map of the region in which my country is situated. I realize that the elevations may not be ultra-realistic, but I was working with what I had at hand, haha.

The thing is, all I've been hearing in this community is praise and appreciation for the level of detail in these maps, but not critique or points of improvement, which I don't blame them for, that's what this forum exists for. And that's why I'm here, too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's probably only logical that I started working on a political map for my country once the topography was done, after all, that is how to determine the positioning of population centers, and therewith political power.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like the topo map, that is a lot of river naming! Did you do all the hight layers by hand? They are really very well done. It might help you to have a biome map as well as I can only guess, but from all the rivers, which I assume aren't seasonal, I also assume this place gets a fair amount of rain.

As far as the settlements go you seem to have them fairly evenly spread out, which is fine, generally though they will get denser (as in more towns) towards the the coast. In general the provinces/counties/whatever they are, also tend to get smaller and more dense towards the coast.

(What language is that? Polish?)

Thanks; yes, everything was done by hand. All the names were also made manually. Unfortunately, I don't have a biome map of the region, but I do have a climate zone map, which I could post at another time maybe. You are also correct in assuming that most of the map receives a healthy amount of rainfall, decreasing toward the west as you might be able to see.

The language is not Polish, haha; it's a constructed language I made, spoken in that country.

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

I Also love the topo map. Nice work!
    (The political one is also nice, ofc)

I think you can make the topo map more interesting by adding some labels other than bodies of water (i.e. lakes/rivers), like mountains peaks and ranges, plateaus and the likes.
    You could also vary the type size a bit to create a more dynamic 'flow' to it.

But that looks like a great start!

Quote Originally Posted by onez View Post
    I Also love the topo map. Nice work!
    (The political one is also nice, ofc)

I think you can make the topo map more interesting by adding some labels other than bodies of water (i.e. lakes/rivers), like mountains peaks and ranges, plateaus and the likes.
    You could also vary the type size a bit to create a more dynamic 'flow' to it.

But that looks like a great start!
    That is true, thanks. I don't know why I stuck only to naming bodies of water. I'll make a change soon.