Thread: Black and White Regional Map

Guild Novice

Map Black and White Regional Map

After looking at Maxime Plasse's maps (http://www.maxsmaps.com/), I decided to drop coloring for a bit and make a black-and-white map. Any criticism and/or tips on how to color on photoshop are welcome. (Also tips on how to make a decent compass rose...)
    Continent E.jpg

I like the general setup and especially the mountains. The forest look a little bit top down and don't blend well with the mountains. The land shape is cool but you could add some islands or strings of islands to give it a more real feel. That looks like a good start to me.

I actually rather like the forests, and I think they go well with the mountains. Though they're a little "sketch"-y at the moment. Other than that I agree with everything Thomrey said. The mountains in particular are fabulous.

The font is attractive, but it's difficult to read in parts, especially with the smaller labels. I wonder if there's a version that's a little less loopy?

A very nice piece! I really like the mountains. I know what thomrey is talking about concerning the forests. As i was never that fond of that particular forest style, i have not much to add. All in all this is a very good start. I think Max can be proud to inspire such maps in others
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars