Thread: October 2016 challenge: A Stroll in the moon light

Wip October 2016 challenge: A Stroll in the moon light

### LATEST WIP ###
    v0.000.JPG

Hello I am new to cartography but figured I might join up and compete.

Bellow is what work I have done So Far

I have always loved how when you open certain old books there is a map in the begin and thought that I might try to emulate that style for my first digitally created map. I scanned in an old book of my shelf and have started adding a title page on one side and putting a map onto the other. The lore as I have defined it so far is that there was some fantastic war with vampires that caused a redefining of time eras. thus the book is a history written slightly less than a life time after the events taking place. The map will demonstrate the state of the war at its climax. I have yet to decide if the vampires win or the humans do, it may be possible that neither of them did however the ever so trustworthy institute for historical accuracy is certainly reporting the wining sides story.

I hope you all enjoy more updates will follow soon

Welcome to the Guild Kutza! Looking forward to seeing your work.

### LATEST WIP ###
    v0.001.png
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    v0.003.png

Here is some More work that I have done.

Wip

### LATEST WIP ###
    v0.005.png

Another Progress pic. With this one the oceans have been fleshed in and i am thinking that as the map represents the height of a war and will likely receive a very specific time stamp I will try to define the exact borders of the vampire lands and the human lands dividing the map vertically between them with the ocean in the middle used primarily for the purpose of natural bearer. probably with vampires in the north and on the island and about to launch a very lethal blow against the human forces on the lower half of the map. As I am leaning towards the humans wining the war I will likely overstate the strength of the vampire forces and under the the human forces to make the end result of the war seem more impressive.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Nice idea, and good progress so far.