Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
It's gorgeous J.Edward! Like always I'm envious of you're talent. I love the colours, the border is awesome, I really like this style. The text, and compass are really cool, and the story that goes along with it really helped to paint a picture of this place in my mind.

I don't know much about Patreon, but if I were into role playing games I would definitely pay money to use this setting.
Thank you Kacey
I am still not sure what my intention for Patreon would be.
Initially my thought had been to provide game maps and stuff, as those are some of the largest comsumers of maps [rpg gamers].
My truest desire would be to simply produce maps and stories with some additional illustrations that go along with those things.
But I am unsure if there would be a market for such things. I guess time will tell.
Quote Originally Posted by zhar2 View Post
gorgeous!!
Thanks Zhar
Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
Wonderful map, and the description just makes it better.
Thanks Wired
Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
The map of course is another gem ! I love the mountain range that turns into a rift, I love the lonely peak near Nyshe, the wondrous variety of your mountains. The forest following the coasts tell a lot about this world. There are so much different features to look at, the maps makes me dizzy. The old paper is really a win and the little dark spots really tell "I've spent some time in a moist drawer". The sea monsters are really classic but you somehow managed to give them your unique touch. The font, if I can call those gorgeous letters a font, is masterfully executed and I love the key, the key border and the calamari. I love the backstory but I'd say that for me, the real marvel of this map is the compass whose aesthetics are both looking like it's coming out of a fairy tale and have a chilling vibe to it. Bravo ! And Patreon on !!
Thanks so much Thomas
I was fond of the spire at Nyshe. I have had trouble in the past with trying to convey a bit of a darker tone.
Maybe this one succeeds a bit because it was already present in the story. Maybe it leaked into the map.
Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Oh my! :sigh: I'm going to end up running out of walls to put your maps on, J.Edward

Having attacked cartography from the DIY writer-turned-cartographer side of things, and never having played an RPG in my life, I'm sadly not really in a position to either comment or vote on the other issue, but I would definitely buy a print of as many of your maps as I could afford, to frame and put on my wall
Thank you Mouse
I explained a bit in Kacey's response about what I'd like to do.
I will have to investigate what the cost of getting maps printed and shipped would be.
Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
Absolutely wonderful map, J! Every bit of it.

Patreon... Yes. Do it.
Thank you Chashio
We will see about this Patreon thing.
Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
Absolutely stunning piece J! This is going straight into my inspirations map collection. I love the colours, the style, the creatures, pretty much everything about it!
Only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the title font, which is a little much in my opinion, but I'm probably in the minority on this.
Great work once again!

As for Patreon, I'm not too sure about the ins and outs of it, so won't vote, but if Chashio recommends it, it's gotta be good!
Thanks GLS
What was your thinking on the lettering? Too large? Too 'tree-ish'? Just curious.