Thread: Mapping Compilation

Guild Applicant

Default Mapping Compilation

Essentially I'm looking for a mapper/s to recreate a concept map of mine into several seperate stages. The project itself is sizeable so I'm willing to work with any potential mappers to come up with a wage and time period suitable for the level of work required. For the start of this I'm looking at a budget between $800 - $1200, half upfront and half after completion, via paypal.

I'm not looking to rush to a decision as I'd like to talk a little more one-on-one with potential mappers and their preferences before moving forward. I'm looking for a fairly high level of detail, though I'm open to most any design direction, be it stylised or more tradtional, and I'd like to work properly and in collaboration with the mapper/s willing to take on such an arduos task so that I can give you more flexibility with the direction you chose.

New canvas.png

To jump right into what I'm looking for the above top right map is the concept you'll be working with, redrawing and detailing to create a much much nicer and complete feel. Typography wont be part of the task load as it's something my team will fill in as they go. You'll be given rough outlines and concepts to work with but will have free reign to adjust borders, biomes, detail rivers and inlets and generally add-take-edit whatever you feel would work best.

If all goes well then I'd like to continue work with smaller but more detailed additonal maps. The main map, top right, is split into roughly 28 seperate sections, territories I suppose works, all of which will be created seperately using the main map as a base. This also includes underwater maps. From there I'll likely expand into detail major cities or iconic landmarks. Like I said though, this won't be actively approuched until the main map is finished, and will be treated as a seperate job entirely.

The map itself is supposed to be the same size as earth, so it'll be less a case of mapping out individual sections and more the landmass as a whole, creating a rough but more representable planet.

That asside, I'm keen to see examples of your work and to hear a little bit of imput about how you'd feel working under these circumstances.

Hello Yena.Mom,

I'd like to apply for this job. You can have a look at my portfolio on my website. If you are interested we can discuss further details through email. You can contact me at info [@] danielsmaps [dot] com

I hope to hear from you soon!

-Daniel
    Last edited by DanielHasenbos; 08-14-2016 at 05:11 AM.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hello Yena.Mom,

I am interested in the project. Send me an email to info [@] versakestudio [dot] com and we can talk about your project.

-Antonio

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

Hi Yena.Mom,

I am also interested and would like to discuss with you via email: aristagon13 (at) yahoo.de about your project. It sounds like a great opertunity and I am looking forward of the results of this.

- Vandel

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Hi Yena.Mom,

I'm interested. email: contact (at) fantasy-map.net

Sapiento

Hello Yena.Mom,

I am very interested in the proposal (Although it may alraedy be taken), and you can message me at Graticulemaps (at) hotmail.com
    You may see my finished maps here.

Cheers,

Guild Applicant

The response to this thread has been outstanding, thanks so much guys! I'm still working through a couple contacts but the process is slow going, since I work 12 hr shifts every day but sunday. If you havn't heard from me yet I will get back to you, at the very least to let you know I've found someone else I'd like to work with. Thanks for being patient. <3

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Schwarzkreuz's Avatar

These requests have been taken.