Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Oct 2016 Challenge: Vampire's Mansion

Excellent, looks great!!

One Question though, What does the "Scale 1:125" mean?

Bogie: Thank you! Well, it is a method of putting models or drawings to scale. You can often find similar declarations on (printed) maps like atlases or road maps. What this actually translates to is that the drawing is 1/125 the size of the real thing. Or: 1 unit (of any measure of length) in the drawing equals 125 units of the same type in reality. Meaning: A distance of 1cm in the drawing would be 1,25 meters in the actual building. Since there is no foreshortening in isometric perspective you should be able to measure almost any part of the building (somewhat) accurately. - Of course this type of scales makes no sense in a digital environment, since everybody will see the image at a different size, due to monitor resolution, etc. But if you actually print it to its intended format (which would be DIN A3 for this one, btw), the scale works out.

Gamerprinter: Yes, agreed. A lot of this certainly boils down to personal reasons like experience and preferences. I just have been using PS for such a long time and I feel so comfortable with my workflows in PS, that it feels like the natural choice most of the time. Maybe someday I will have to force myself to explore some vector based techniques. At the moment I just don't feel a lot of pressure to do so, since PS does evreything I need and the scale-thing is usually not a severe issue, if you plan ahead. (I always work at a considerably higher resolution than I actually need... just in case ... )
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234