Thread: My version of the Jupiter 2 from Lost in Space

Default My version of the Jupiter 2 from Lost in Space

Okay, calling this the Jovian 2 (if you get the reference), this is most realistically a luxury shuttle craft, probably part of a complement of such boats on a luxury liner (that I will one day create). Or for those with more of suspension of disbelief, a jump capable star ship with some mysterious fuel that you only need a small amount, enough to take out in deep space and get lost... Left to right, top to bottom: exterior hull, airlock passage with ladder to top hatch with life support systems surrounding''; Low ceiling space staterooms for 8, accessed via ladders to central hub corridor; Main habitat level with ship's bridge, living room/recreation area/dining tables and bar, kitchen, full bathroom; Cargo deck with low ceiling except at central hub and ramp door with stairs to exit craft; Maneuver drive and power plant located beneath. No Traveller stats...

Wings 3D was used to create the 3D model, rendered in Daz 3D into a PNG file. Imported to Xara Designer Pro x11, and finished with 1 directional extrude on walls, use of photo-realistic textures, and many of my sci-fi map objects.

Enjoy!

GP

jovian-2.jpg
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

This guy needs added to the cargo deck... DANGER, DANGER, Will Robinson!

GP

robot.png
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Excellent!
    It looks like a little bit also in robby the robot (forbidden planet).

Guild Applicant

Default Good Job!

Wow, you hit my Nerd-Nerve with this one. I LOVE the original Lost in Space. Nice job. I would critique a little but I can't do anything with a computer mapping system so I'm just going to enjoy what you did. And definitely add that "Clinking Clanking Cluttering Contraption" to the deck plans.

Well, I have to make it clear, that this deck plan is not necessarily the design used in the 1959 TV series. The outside appears the same, but for the number of people on the ship, there really isn't enough interior space to accommodate bedrooms for all members of the crew, so I designed what I thought could make all those bedrooms fit, plus including a pilot chamber, a kitchen, a living area, a bathroom. The third floor deck (where I placed the bedrooms) probably didn't exist in the TV version. I've never actually seen a full floor plan of the Jupiter 2, so all of this is just a guess based on logic in trying to include what should be included and fit all the crew. This is why I called it the Jovian 2, instead of the Jupiter 2.
    DrivethruRPG store