Thread: Ersïa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Nice to see it fully colored !

Default 2537

Hi All-

Long time lurker, 1st time poster here, so hello all, especially Ilanthar.

I've been starting some worldbuilding lately. Since I work in CG, I created a file in Maya of a sphere w/ custom UVs for map images with a (preferably) 2:1 size ratio. This will allow me to project my maps (eventually...) onto the sphere in a way that minimizes distortion, at least in areas in that image that I would use for continents.

Since this Ersïa thread is current, I like the map A LOT (nice work, Ilanthar!), and it happens to have a 2:1 ratio, I tossed the image onto the sphere in Maya to see how it generally looked and how much stretching there is. I'm pretty happy with the results of the sphere so far, although I'll be tweaking in the future. Just for the heck of it, I took a quick render, pulled it into Photoshop, put it over an image of space, and added a couple quick tweaks.

There are a couple of areas on the map that get snipped out, but you can't see them in this image since I was able to rotate just enough to hide them.

Ilanthar, I hope you don't mind me doing this or feel that I'm stepping on your toes. This was a fairly quick bit of work for me, so I just thought I'd share what your world might (roughly!) look like from space.
    Attached Images Attached Images