Thread: Ersïa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Vardelm, that rendering is beautiful! I now have this idea of a mystery guildmember who pops up in random threads and turns people's maps into planets :-)

Ilanthar, this is wonderful progress as always. I think the continent labels are much more readable now- I don't know if it's even necessary to make them solid at this point. The only very minor critique I have is that it's a bit hard to read them when they overlap with other text- Djibran and especially Elits being the worst offenders here. Perhaps they could be moved a little?

Also, when viewed at 100%, your coastlines are juuuuuuuust a little bit pixellated, as if they're at a different resolution from the texture you used as your background. It's not a huge deal, but just enough to be a little distracting. It looks fine if I zoom out maybe 10% or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiluchi View Post
    Vardelm, that rendering is beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Anyway, thanks for your comment Vardelm, and that is a really nice render! Thanks for showing it.
    Glad you guys like it. 99.9999% of the artistry in that render is the map itself. My portion was almost entirely technical. It was a good test for my sphere's custom projection.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Yup, it's completely intentionnal . As I stated before, I intend to put a small globe under the map to show the axial inclination of Ersïa.

Something like this (I will remove most of the labels), with a use of an ortographic projection. I will probably just use one though.
    Ah, I didn't notice or remember that, but going back I see you had different projections and are using G Projector, so that makes sense.

I actually think simple orthographic projections work pretty well. IMO the only time you really HAVE to worry about true projections is when you want to render a world as a planet, especially if you animate it.