Thread: why is it when i make a city when i zoom in the structures is blury

Default why is it when i make a city when i zoom in the structures is blury

hello all any that can help me i am trying to build a city . but when i zoom in the structures is Blury. i use 3500 x 3500 pixels 300dpi i use Ps 2017 . i hope any can give some advice . i shall use the map i make in Fantasy grounds . building my campiangs. but i hate when i am a player and we on a map gm found or made . but when we zoom in to the combat it is blury so i deside to make a map that is not blury. but cant seem to find any info on it

thanks on advanced Wulfquee out

Hey Wulfquee

It's hard to know the source of your problem without any specific info, but....
    When you create new file (say that is 3500 x 3500 pixels 300dpi) it is best to work in 100% zoom. This is the original size of the image, whatever you draw should be sharp and nice (unless you blur it for a reason), if you cross the 100% zoom, the image quality will be worse. Zooming over 100% (so called digital zoom) is only helpful to do detailed work on your image, when its done you always want to go back to at least 100%. Most of people will even zoom out the finished map to 70% or even 50% because the small imperfections become a general chaos and map look overall better.

If zoom is not the case then sorry, need more info why the image loose quality.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected jpstod's Avatar

Are you using Elements designed for Zooming in or are you doing 100% hand drawn......Not all mapping elements wil zoom...
    The Wayward Traveler
    Guildmaster Galveston Island Adventurer's Guild
    http://jpstodwftexas.deviantart.com
    http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/p...?term=John+Pau
    [url]http://www.patreon.com/TheWaywardTraveler[url]

As others said, if you zoom too much it will look blurry. You should either make you elements even bigger so you can zoom as much without having them to look blurry (unless you zoom even more), or work with a vector based program such as Illustrator or Inkscape. With vectors, you can zoom indefinitely (but most programs have a limit) and it will never look blurry unless you plan to print it.

Don't know if this helps, but I fine using a brush size around 3-4 pixels hard edge works well also. A soft edge will appear a little more pixelated.

i make all handdrawned. i wass just thinking it if run like 1200 dpi insted of the 300 dpi if that would help. but the advise you gave i will look in to it

Thanks