Thread: A world map of "Earth"

Default A world map of "Earth"

Hello everybody,

I just joined this forum and I am really enjoying my stay. I am learning new stuff as well as getting inspired.
    I just finished my map of earth, It is not entirely accurate (f.e. Canada is too big) but it is entirely drawn by hand with pencil and fineliner.

I spend about 4 weeks (interrupted by moving houses) to finish this, I look forward to return to something fantasy, maybe I'll even start a city map.

This one is for my girlfriend, she really wanted a world map (she's probably gonna poke holes in it with flags to pinpoint where she's been )

Let me know what you think, critique is always welcome but be gentle

GUILDBW.png

GUILDOLD.png
    Last edited by dvg94; 11-19-2016 at 05:09 AM.

The pictures are now attached, sorry for direct link earlier, did not read the rules properly.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Looking really nice, dvg! I think the fact that it's not completely accurate adds more to its charm, anyway and it works well in your style.

Great border once again, and the labelling (particularly the small ones) is very neat and nice indeed!

One really small, potentially unavoidable nitpick (in other words don't worry about it ) is that I think because Africa, Asia and South America have plenty of features in their country borders and other elements, it does make North America and West Australia look a little bare - but, unless you're going to revamp the world, there's nought to be done about that!

Overall, nice job all round!

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Looking really nice, dvg! I think the fact that it's not completely accurate adds more to its charm, anyway and it works well in your style.

Great border once again, and the labelling (particularly the small ones) is very neat and nice indeed!

One really small, potentially unavoidable nitpick (in other words don't worry about it ) is that I think because Africa, Asia and South America have plenty of features in their country borders and other elements, it does make North America and West Australia look a little bare - but, unless you're going to revamp the world, there's nought to be done about that!

Overall, nice job all round!
    Thanks for the kind words, and yes it does look a little barebones. I am open to ideas on how to fix that because I have hit some kind of wall with that!

Nice and authentic! Clean and well done work .