Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kingdom of Sayarin

Warlin - Thank you!

ChickPea - Thanks!

fol2dol - Thank you!

Ilanthar - Thank you, Ilanthar! I wouldn't call it nitpicking. Actually the forests are the part that troubles me the most about this map, personally, too. I feel like they don't really live up to the visual quality of the other components. Well, not just on this map... Forests are kind of my personal cartography pet peeve at the moment.
    Cartography by Matthias Rothenaicher. Portfolio: Website | DeviantArt

Wow. Great work Mat. This is some really fine work.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Guild Expert

Really nice mat_r! Everything I've seen from you so far is exceptional, can't wait to see more.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Great work, Mat! You've kept the balance between being complex and simple perfectly. Colours work a charms nd I love the labelling banners! This is finding its way right into my inspiration folder!

As Kacey said, you're off to a flying start with mapping. So much so I can't rep you at the mo!

Great map Matthias, a lot of original ideas in this map. I'll make sure to come back to it when I can rep you again

There's so much to like about this map! The first thing that caught my eye were the banners for the labels, but it's a great map in general!

-Dan

Hi Matthias, an excellent map indeed. Love the more painterly shading of the mountains and forests. I agree and disagree with the others about the marshlands. I really like the shape of it, but i think the coloring of the "lakes" is too uniform and makes them look very "flat" compared to the rest of the lovely terrain (well, given the laws of gravity they're supposed to be flat, but different shades of blue might give the impression of variation in depth...)
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

This is superb! The colors and shading are very well done (I really like the highlights on the forests). The border is fantastic as well. All around great piece. Sadly however I can't rep you for it ATM.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12