Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reunited Kingdom of the Fourth Age

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Great job once again, Sapiento. It doesn't have the usual colourful flair you usually bring to your works, but the more monochrome look works surprisingly well (and you've even managed to sneak in your trademark red).

I have to agree with others on the rhumb lines not matching and as Caenwyr points out, stopping them at the coast lines instead of the edge of the land would look better. I also agree about the north and south looking a little bare, but then again it certainly bring the focus on what you do have, which perhaps is what your client wanted.

The border is lovely and crisp and I love the simple compass, which so elegantly captures the Middle Earth feel. As always, your general linework is fantastic and I can't pick fault with it at all.

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Thank you all for the comments and proposals! I addressed the issue with the rhumb lines and the overlapping on the coastal areas.

Excellent map, as usual ! I love the details, the forests and the other elements (frame/compass/title).

My nitpick of the day (sorry ) : I find the borders a bit hard to read, it's difficult to have a global view of the different states in a glance.

Ooh, I really like the simle color scheme for this piece. The browns and reds and golds provide a richness to the piece. The lighting is good as well. Marvelous work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I think this is great, the substrate texture especially. The only thing that puzzles me is the dark colour of the map in general then that lighter colour of the panel in the bottom left with the NIMDOR etc in it. If someone was drawing this map would they colour everything in except this bit or has this bit been painted on? If so would the substrate texture still be showing? And it being lighter in colour just seems to draw attention away from the beauty of the map itself. But that's just my opinion and I'm a n00b

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12