Thread: Ersïa

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I don't know where to start on this. Everything is just wonderful. I find it hard to fathom how you can come up with all of this. I'm going to start with the flags. 115 of them! Some flag snobs and strict adherents to the '5 principles of flag design' may point and shriek at the breaking of the 2 or 3 colours rule, some may even claim that some of the symbols are not simple, but I'd say to them - "You come up with 115 flags just like that!" and besides a child of the nation would be able to draw at least a representation of the flag from memory

The information panels are a nice touch, with the astronomical data of the world and its satellite too. Then there's the whole maps itself. The borders appear to be very well thought out and not at all arbitrary. They follow natural features where it's easy to say "You stay that side and we'll stay here and we'll have no quarrel." You've come up with 115 nations and twice as many place names. The font choices are clear and readable and well placed. It's a lovely map to study. The topographical features are very well done and the colours give a good indication of the terrain type. Finally, the border is elegant and the symmetry is impeccable, at least to my eye anyway. That can't be easy given the lozenge shapes are vertical and horizontal, and equally sized.

The only thing I'd say is unnatural about this is the attention to detail - I'd describe that as supernatural. Would it be sad of me to admit to measuring the map to see if its horizontal and vertical dimensions fit the golden ratio?

Am I OK to rate this with 5 points?
    Last edited by Straf; 11-29-2016 at 06:03 AM. Reason: typos