Thread: Hello All

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default Hello All

I am starting a new DnD campaign and wanted to get some ideas and help on creating new and interesting maps for my fellow players. I mostly drew my own maps and such but it seems everything is easier on the computer. So now I am upgrading my way of working things.

So I hit Google looking for help. I found this place.

Looks like the right place to go.

Hello DravenX23 and welcome to the Guild! A good starting point in the vast field of digital (fantasy) mapping is ravells' Quickstart Guide to Fantasy Mapping in the tutorial section of this forum. Digital mapping can be easier/faster but isn't necessarily so, depending on what you want to achieve. Keep in mind that many of the common programs need some time to get used to them. Do you have something specific in mind already, some maps / map style that caught your attention/ inspired you? Don't hesitate to share some of your hand-drawn works or to start a new wip-thread if you're stuck and in need for some tips and advice. There is always a bunch of helpful, friendly people around.
    Map is not territory...
    Current work in progress:Korobrom | My finished maps
    My DeviantArt site and Twitter

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

I am not sure. Mostly just trying to get a bunch of ideas that I can turn into something workable.

I am not sure on the grid size I can use in the campaign yet. Once I know that for sure I can really work on figuring out which will work best for me.

But thank you. And I will be checking out everything this place has to offer.