Thread: Well met everybody!

Default Well met everybody!

A short intro about me.
    Colleagues of mine once brought me to Dungeons & Dragons. There we started playing completely pen&paper, but the laptop came more and more into play. I designed character sheets in Excel and used it as a combat matrix to keep track.
    The grid was hand-drawn but also there Campaign Cartographer came into my hands. I always loved maps, even as a child. And that enabled me to draw maps I used for D&D by myself. Although it's not a very intuitive tool.
    Now we are playing with VTT for some years I used maptools, now roll20. What always fascinates me is a good drawn map. Beauty is fine but it must also be useful for the play. roll20 was my latest choice there not because it is better than maptools (they are on eqal level I would say), but roll20 provides the more beautiful feeling for maps with its gorgeous dynamic lighting system.
    So hello to everybody here!

Hi Jalella and welcome to the Guild!

Not sure if you're still using Campaign Cartographer? We've got quite a few members who use CC3+ so if you need any advice with that, just ask. If you're looking to get started making your own maps from scratch, head for the Tutorials area and try a few. If you don't have Photoshop, you can download Gimp for free.

If you need help with anything, just ask.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"