Thread: You guys are awesome!

Guild Applicant

Default You guys are awesome!

Hello all,

I've been using hand-drawn maps for D&D and other role-playing games for about a decade now, and after one of my players had to ask, "Wait, is that amorphous blob on the map a forest or a lake?" I decided to venture into digital map-making and seek some expert advice, and here I am.

I'd like to say a huge "thank you" to all the members here who have posted tutorials, tips, techniques, mapping elements, and other resources. They've been incredibly helpful so far in my first foray into digital cartography, and I'm so glad to see that this community not only exists, but is so willing to share its vast knowledge.

Happy mapping,
    WG

Hi WG and welcome. I agree 100% about the resources here. I keep finding new things every other week that I want to try... but unfortunately never quite get around to it...

If you've made something that you'd like to share with us, feel free to start a thread either in Finished Maps, if you're completely done, or in one of the WIP folders if you'd like some advice and critique. I'm sure you'll soon be wowing your players with your mapping skills!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"