Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
I think this is a great idea, now that I get it

Every city needs a council. I suppose that involves electing councillors. Then the councils will have to have meetings to decide important things like the tea and biscuits budget, the criteria for sending out the snow ploughs and gritters and which foreign cities to twin with. Then when they're all busy bickering about all of that we get busy with the actual work. The paperwork will go through a doddle because we aren't short of artistic talent, so I'm sure the various necessary forms will have the correct signatures in the correct places

If this is to be true to life then we should find out what everyone wants and do the exact opposite. TheHoarseWhisperer will no doubt confirm that a major part of city planning is aesthetic and practical juxtaposing. So, for example, where there are beautiful Gothic style townhouses, there needs to be an incongruously ugly and impractical behemoth of plain concrete, of 1960/70s design, slapped right in the middle of it because someone once thought it would be a great idea (see almost every UK city for real world examples).
I used to work for the council in London: your description of local government is eerily close to the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Can I ask you a favour THW? [more eyelash fluttering]

Please could you draw up a list of what we will need to have laid down as the basic structure of the city?
No worries, Mouse, I can do this. I'll send you a PM to sort out details.

I'm getting the impression there's no schedule to this project, right? 'coz I'm about to head into an area of Australia where the word 'wifi' has probably never been heard...

THW