View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%

Thread: Guild City

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    We all live in a sort of Medieval Utopia where feudalism is really a trickle-down benefit and everyone laughs jovially in taverns while the buxom wench walks around with tankards of ale and making various innuendos on her endless circuit; the bard tells a tale of heroism or the tragedy between two lovers who find eternal love in the afterlife. Only with dishwashers and free WiFi.
    I think you might be right

Quote Originally Posted by eViLe_eAgLe View Post
    I would like to join please.
    Already adding your name eViLe_eAgLe. Welcome to the potential city builders club

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

To add to your list Mouse:

• Orphanage (for all the projects started and never finished... unless that was the intent of the ruins)
    • The Slums (for those poor newbies like myself)
    • Blacksmith shop (for those who work hard on the forum itself making adding features, and creating those nice award Icons and such)

As for period, I'm down with a fantasy medieval style. a good majority of the maps I have seen here so far tend to lean that direction. Along with the time period, we should probably think about the general location as well, is it in a grassy area with farms all around, up in the snowy mountains, or on an island in a tropical zone? (are we getting to far into the details yet...)

As for a regular grid design, here is a thought have an octagonal design, palace in the center and main roads leading out north, south, east, and west like a compass (that is either cool or cheesy, I can't decide) In this case the blocks wouldn't be exactly square/rectangular, more trapezoidal. But still of a regular pattern.

Is this going to be a walled city?

As far as the diversity of the city, I think it should be a melting pot, as diverse as this community. So include all the fantasy races. Just a thought.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu