View Poll Results: Do you want to map 'Guild City'?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'd like to map all or part of 'Guild City'

24 85.71%
  • I'd like to watch people trying to map 'Guild City'

4 14.29%
  • This is a bad idea, please don't use it!

0 0%

Thread: Guild City

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Hey I am up for a bit of the map - you know I like these community things. I know some of the mappers on the guild do exceptional city maps and so if its a challenge I have no intention of being in the running for a top place but id try and lash a bit of it up !

A few posts in here about the zoomable map. Yes I can do another zoomable map of the city no problem. All I need is for people to stick to their regions and if possible for the task master to dish out the templates and provide a nice mask for the area too. A black and white bitmap that matches the bitmap of the rough drawing of the area to map. I dont need square regions but some of the mismatch on the last 10th anniversary was caused by some lack of clarity on the exact borders between the regions. So there are some little gaps in places where they didnt match up quite right. I hope this time we can improve on that.

As usual if you make an area map thread then lets label them by numbers and keep a list of the number and person mapping it and I can link them all together like last time. That saved me a lot of time trying to figure out which map went with which thread in order to continuously update the overall map.

Since there were a few comments about not having seen the last zoomable map then there are a couple. The anniversary map is linked at the top of the community pages. But if you change the URL with cwbp2 to just cwbp then the old community guild world is on there too with Ansium and so on. You can click down through that one quite far - esp in my region since I set it up like that

Someone mentioned something about the image scraper being broken... someone want to fill me in on what is the problem and I may be able to take a look.

Couple of final points based on previous community projects. Its a good idea to determine if the guild city is CC licensed or just normal copyright to individuals. Either is ok but know the effects of doing it one way or the other.

And also, in the 10th anniversary map, Robbies map had the city of the guild in it so I could link the city into that spot.

Right - ill shut up now but ill see if I can edit in some links to the zoomable maps so far.
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/l...ype=guildworld
    (ok cwbp and cwbp2 dont appear to be working. The link from the community pages is also not working but the one above does.)
    (The Guild is on the map just above Kingdom of the Cartographer in Robbies map bottom right of main continent.)
    Last edited by Redrobes; 01-05-2017 at 06:45 PM.