Thread: Regional map - [Name to be added]

Wip Regional map - [Name to be added]

So after a long while of silence ive decided to make and post a new map.

For the last couple of days ive been working off my ass to make the best looking map I could and I got to a very advanced stage of the making today.
    While doing so, my new neighbor decided he would go to the fuze box and pull all the switches down 1 by 1 until he finds whats his.
    In the process he corrupted my map file and here is the result:

c8be0e6c214c4523a42969b08308eb25.png

After shouting at him I went back to my desk asked myself "WHY?!" .... and for the last hour ive been doing my best to recover [basicly butcher an earlier version of the map for lost content] what I could.
    Hopefully I will have a ready map this weekend.

Next post will be on a positive tone!
    Last edited by Hart; 01-04-2017 at 12:05 PM. Reason: spell check

Oh no! That is really too bad. Hopefully you can somehow recover it.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Poor you! I hope he was suitably sorry and won't ever pull such a dumb trick again. Just think if he'd done it to someone on home dialysis, or oxygen, or something like that!

Oh, that's horrid.
    I haven't had that happen in a long time myself but I can still feel the horrible hole in my gut when hours of work where lost. I feel for you.

The one thing I'll say is that it always does seem that when I have to redo something I do a better job the next time around so on the bright side you may end up with a more awesome map than you had going already.

Save often and use "Save as..." to created iterated versions as you go. Yeah, it takes up more drive space but that's cheap compared to loosing your hours of work and you can always delete them once done.

I've taken to saving much of my stuff to Dropbox so it's always there. The down side of that is I do have to have internet when I want to save it but I almost always do have it anyway.

Try not to let it get you down.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Well, It won't be up this weekend but I'm on it!
    Progress is good so no worries!