Thread: Sewer/catacombs map (+small lich lair extra)

Post Sewer/catacombs map (+small lich lair extra)

Hello there. I'm looking for someone who could help out with map making. I need quite simple, but probably rather big battlemap for printing and personal use.

Theme: abandoned sewers or ruins used to be sewers. Might have elements of dungeons/prison/underground/lair/cave.

Size: it has no restrictions when it comes to size, I just would like for it to be big enough for half in-game day to explore. I'd say a classical one-session dungeon length, but I don't want to tie you up to concrete dimensions.

Style: simple render. It doesn't have to be of an amazing style, something like this will do https://gyazo.com/1fc5d7bfe6d536ee85785d4ea06cf30c and I don't need them in colour at all, greyscale will do just fine.
    Another variant would be simple linework with basic markings of elements (chests, gates, barrels, etc.) that I could paint over.

Brief description: an abandoned sewer. More or less linear (rubble and such might help wih linear thing). It must contain places for encounters with undead (areas wide enough for fighting), one basilisk lair closer to the end of the location, and a small room where and NPC resides (probably with old furniture he uses, a fire and whatnot - I actually found this one on this forum (sorry, I can't remember the name of the creator) which I like very much in terms of lair https://gyazo.com/42df66e15405990d12468394a837b254 ).
    The starting point is near a high "wall". The sewers shattered and fell underground due to an earthquake, and now are a few dozen feet down from the entrance, so you've got to jump down or climb the wall and dirt to get in or out. After the start, some animal or undead encounters will be in place before a rather quiet corridor where and NPC encounter takes place (it doesn’t have to be near his "room").
    The ending point of it is a large dirty and very fast underground river you need swim down (not via boat) to get out.
    A basilisk resides in this place, so some room with him and his lair might be in other: whether in the sewer setting, or a hole it dug for itself.

Extra info: I'd really prefer for it to make sense architectural-wise. In many games you can see weird architecture with unnecessary labyrinths or long thin halls that lead to a giant room with space around them being just stone walls of thirty feet thickness. I know sewers are not the type of setting to keep everything compact, but if you could make some sort of symmetry, and even reference from real-life sewers/catacombs, it'd be much appreciated.

Contact: the best way to contact me is through DeviantArt (kevintheradioguy) or e-mail (kevinradioguy[at]gmail.com(. You can also reply t the thread, as I'm subscribed to it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Since I don't want to start a new thread, I'll just add here that I'm also looking for a small map for Lich's lair.

Theme: cave, that had been worked on and that might look civilized

Size: small. 20x10 squares at best

Style: as above.

Brief description: a cave, made more or less civilized by intimidating goblins and bugbears, to carve rooms, floor, probably even paint it. Needs to have at least two spaces: a small research room/hall and a place for phylactery. The (good) lich that inhabits it is interested in examining and learning one powerful artefact, teaching lesser races magic (such as goblins in question, so gifts and/or sacrifices might take place too), and tries to create flesh golems, which can be shown via artwork.

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Kevin! Email sent!

Kevin - if you're not adverse to old style Blue TSR maps, check out & (AND) Magazine. I create this type of map for it; you might be able to find something that will work for you (for free). All of the issues are free download. I have maps in Issues 5-13.

The download section link is:

http://www.and-mag.com/category/down...zine-download/

There are lots of other gaming-related articles and things in the magazine as well.

You can also peruse the Maps & Floorplans section of Dragonsfoot forums. Turgenev and several other mapmakers post free map downloads that might be useful to you (Turgenev has nearly 100 of them, all good sized and good quality). I don't think you need to be a member of the site to see the forums (just to post to them).

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums
    Last edited by Fingolwyn; 12-21-2016 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Update Dragonsfoot URL
    Feed the Boy and he will become a Man. Feed the Man and he will become a God. Feed the God and you will become the food.

Hello again.
    Sorry I didn't get back sooner, I was abroad with little access to the Internet.
    I've got some feedback about the map and have found a person who will do it. The thread can be archived now.