Thread: 40 - Dreamscape Tower and Market District [Dark Infinity]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Here is where I have set my bar... for better or worse...

Apparently you can get a simple image like this printed out as a 'blueprint' at office max for about $1.79...
    20170110_234334.jpg

I have a roll of paper (which conveniently matches the width of the blueprint paper 18") and it is just thin enough to see some of the darker lines. So I have my outline and roads marked off.

I'll do some more planning in paint.net before I get too carried away on the paper. But, in case anyone was wondering about the scale I am planning on working with...

20170111_000058.jpg

It's kind of nerve racking and exciting all at the same time. I did say I was going big or going home right?

Depending on how this turn out, this may go on my wall...
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected DarkInfinity's Avatar

Ok so this is a smaller scale picture just to do a layout. I'm not touching the bigger final paper till I have this all laid out.

I need to center the tower on the old road so it doesn't end up over the edge of the cliff. and I need the center part of that tower a little larger.

I thought I would do a steep, but still a little slope coming from the tower side cliff (so I can show the cave entrance and it is quite the drop.)

Between the path near 49 there is going to be a shear drop to the water level so I just need to workout with Zarh2 how he want's to do the drop to that mid level.
    I'm planning on stairs for now going back into 49 and up to 43 by the waterfall.

I think I need to make the fenced ritzy part of town a little bigger, maybe all the way to that central statue. But I like my main web of roads to get through the town although they need to be thinner.

Any other thoughts so far.
    Also once I get to a larger scale I'm hitting up some of your threads for ideas on how to draw houses

### Latest WIP ###
    2017-01-13 13.38.08.jpg
    Last edited by DarkInfinity; 01-13-2017 at 01:45 PM.
    "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." ~ Lao Tzu