Thread: "The Spider's Nest" - inked-in WIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Man! That's looks awesome for using a mouse!
    The Ember into Ashes map is on of my favorites ever, and I often try to replicate the style (mostly unsuccessfully).
    I think if you want to make maps like this my advice would be, 1. Get a drawing tablet (if you can) 2. Go through all of the tutorials on Fantastic Maps many times 3. Practice, practice, PRACTICE!
    Drawing tablets are extremely useful, and I would highly recommend getting one, if that's a possibility for you.

The background texture looks a bit low quality, but that's something you could easily fix.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Guild Member Facebook Connected Chris Lewis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Man! That's looks awesome for using a mouse!
    The Ember into Ashes map is on of my favorites ever, and I often try to replicate the style (mostly unsuccessfully).
    I think if you want to make maps like this my advice would be, 1. Get a drawing tablet (if you can) 2. Go through all of the tutorials on Fantastic Maps many times 3. Practice, practice, PRACTICE!
    Drawing tablets are extremely useful, and I would highly recommend getting one, if that's a possibility for you.

The background texture looks a bit low quality, but that's something you could easily fix.
    Thank you, Josiah. I did the linework using pencil/pen then took a picture of it using my phone and imported it into GIMP. I have been looking at tablets but know I need to become proficient with GIMP before I "deserve" to get one...that's my way of justifying it anyways

For the background I just did a drag/drop from a texture I saved from deviantart. I wouldn't even know how to make it of higher quality but would be happy to make this another step for a future update.

Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts. I perused through your portfolio and you have a beautiful style. Thank you for sharing.