Thread: 13 - District 13 [Kacey]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Like flanges to connect the pipes to boreholes?

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Like flanges to connect the pipes to boreholes?
    I had to look that up, but yes I think that's what I mean. I'm a little worried that they might be too small to do tho, I really struggled doing the pipes already just because of the size. I haven't quite figured out how to make a tiny dot look like a bolt. It's taking forever to do all the designs because everything is just so small...This building from initial sketch to what you see here took 7 hours... I'm starting to wonder if it's worth my while to add in all these tiny details, when you probably won't even be able to see them on the final map.

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I had to look that up, but yes I think that's what I mean. I'm a little worried that they might be too small to do tho, I really struggled doing the pipes already just because of the size. I haven't quite figured out how to make a tiny dot look like a bolt. It's taking forever to do all the designs because everything is just so small...This building from initial sketch to what you see here took 7 hours... I'm starting to wonder if it's worth my while to add in all these tiny details, when you probably won't even be able to see them on the final map.
    Don't worry about that Kacey. It's worth it. Definitely.
    I too will have details that will not show well on the final map, but that's ok.
    Many people will also be looking at the individual maps, plus some of us are going to go further and do some building and floorplan maps too.
    It'll be worth it. And it is looking wonderful, by the way.

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    Don't worry about that Kacey. It's worth it. Definitely.
    I too will have details that will not show well on the final map, but that's ok.
    Many people will also be looking at the individual maps, plus some of us are going to go further and do some building and floorplan maps too.
    It'll be worth it. And it is looking wonderful, by the way.
    Thanks J.Edward, I guess you're right so I'll soldier on with it, tho right now I think I need a break, I just can't make myself work on it today. But I did start doing a more landscape type view of the water treatment plant that I'm planning for that bit of water at the top, right now it's just a sketch, but I think I'll paint it just for fun.