Thread: 21 - Monastery of Realisminites and its vicinities [Pixie]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Azelor found us a couple of cities at the same latitude which looked pretty green and tropical to me, so I'm leaning more towards a less extreme climate. I put his links in the FAQ thread (link in my signature). The thing about limestone karst is just because the water seeps through to the underground levels doesn't mean the land is a desert. Where there is a rainy season (which seems likely) the ground will be quite green for most of the year if there is already a vegetative covering. The heat of the climate depends on altitude, and that's something I don't think we discussed.

I think you may have touched on why the rooftops in my area are so steep. We get the tail end of all the American hurricanes sweeping across the Atlantic and straight up the English Channel - gales and gusts in excess of 120 mph. No wonder we have pitched roofs!

EDIT: however, if the consensus of opinion is that this place is a desert then I'll take all my trees out and dim down the grass. I wouldn't want to be a somewhat ridiculous emerald jewel in the middle of a desert city! LOL!
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-18-2017 at 06:55 PM.