Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eastmott and Frostmarch (Commission WIP)

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Oh my, this looks fantastic! Very nice color palette, too. My only nitpick would be that some of the rivers look a little flat. Maybe try to embed them by adding a thin outline on one (or maybe both) of the sides? I don't know, just a suggestion. Otherwise this is really good. Like, really, really good.

Keep going!

Cheers,

~~Rongar

Hi everyone! I'm just wondering if any of you have any last minute critiques or comments! It is basically done and I'll post the finished map soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rongar View Post
    Oh my, this looks fantastic! Very nice color palette, too. My only nitpick would be that some of the rivers look a little flat. Maybe try to embed them by adding a thin outline on one (or maybe both) of the sides? I don't know, just a suggestion. Otherwise this is really good. Like, really, really good.

Keep going!
    Thanks for the feedback Rongar, I'll keep that in mind in the future.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Apart from the dashed lines, all looks well to me

Hi Josiah,

First, wonderful map ! I love the fact that you left the top corners empty and the right one kinda blurry, focusing the map on the center part. great use of negative space.

My two cents : you point at the Merchant's Rest which is apparently a place of interest but it's one of the few island that lacks detail. I guess you could add some coastal details and shadows on the empty islands to match the others. I have to agree with Mouse on the dashed line. I've got a brush somewhere that does wonders for that kind of road. Here are the settings in Photoshop, I guess it's easily transposable to Gimp. It's in french so if you need tome help, just ask. Hope it'll help you given you need help with them roads

Capture d’écran 2017-01-29 à 21.19.13.pngCapture d’écran 2017-01-29 à 21.19.21.png

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Apart from the dashed lines, all looks well to me
    I tried doing that erase thingy, and I didn't think it ended up looking that great

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Hi Josiah,

First, wonderful map ! I love the fact that you left the top corners empty and the right one kinda blurry, focusing the map on the center part. great use of negative space.

My two cents : you point at the Merchant's Rest which is apparently a place of interest but it's one of the few island that lacks detail. I guess you could add some coastal details and shadows on the empty islands to match the others. I have to agree with Mouse on the dashed line. I've got a brush somewhere that does wonders for that kind of road. Here are the settings in Photoshop, I guess it's easily transposable to Gimp. It's in french so if you need tome help, just ask. Hope it'll help you given you need help with them roads
    Thanks Thomrey!
    Hmm... good point. I would have never, ever thought of that. I did already give the final version to the client, but if you think that's important I could tweak it.
    The dashed line is the nation border, and the dotted line is the road. I actually use photoshop, so no problem there. I can try a brush like that and see how it is. It looks just about the same as the one I am using except with rounded edges.

Thanks for the feedback!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Glad to be of some help. I used the brush on a commission, just had to tweak some strokes (lasso then move or rotate) to get what I wanted.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345