Thread: Guildcity - Tell me your preference for Section number

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

John & Red

I haven't started my area 15 thread yet because I want to check something with you first (and it also took me several hours to work out how to set it up because I'm really dumb with maths)

This is the whole area rendered out at a similar scale to Atlas Ward, but then scaled down to half size to allow me to upload it (the original was 18MB):

AREA 15 V1.JPG

To cut out the need for post processing, and to maintain the level of detail I had with Atlas Ward, it would be easier to split 15 into two halves shown by the two boxes (east is inside the wall, and west is outside the wall)

These are non reduced renders of both the halves. I've drawn a green line around the outside of the area so that Red can see what the extent is.

15 East
    AREA 15 EAST V1.JPG

15 West
    AREA 15 WEST V1.JPG

However, doing it this way means that I would need to run 2 threads - east and west, because the thumbnail scraper can only pick up the very last WIP in the thread. (It would also be less confusing for people trying to follow the thread if I didn't keep swapping between maps on the same thread).

Is that ok with you both? If it is, what shall I call them?

"15 - EAST [Name of area] [Mouse]", "15E - [Name of area] [Mouse]" or "15 - [two different area names to distinguish between the two] [Mouse]" ?

EDIT: If you haven't already guessed I'm splitting the area into inside and outside the wall in my mind, though they are both part of the same CC3 map
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-30-2017 at 03:03 AM.