Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eastmott and Frostmarch (Commission)

A beautiful piece of work Josiah. I look forward to seeing more of your excellent work

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    What beautiful mountains you draw

And what lovely colours you paint

Inspirational indeed.
    This. It's not just cartography, it's artistic really. And it's so clear to navigate when every little hill is so detailed. I love this map.

Guild Expert

Very nice!

Edit...I tried giving you some rep, but I wasn't allowed just yet, but the sentiment is there, I really love you're style.

I think everyone who has already commented has pretty much said what I was going to say! The map is gorgeous. You have mad skillz, Josiah! I love the mountains, forests and icons. They're beautifully drawn and coloured. I have to echo the comments about some of the labels. They don't quite 'pop' off the page enough, in my opinion. But that aside, it's a fantastic map and one to be proud off.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

A very fine map with its own unique flavour .

NOTE: I turned down the quality when I exported it to JPG, but it ended up being a bit lower quality than I was expecting, so that may be a contributing factor to why the labels are hard to read.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Really great map Josiah ! And the dashed lines seem thinner which works well in my opinion. Definitely rep-worthy !
    Thanks Thomas, glad you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Great map Josiah, i have lost track on some wip threads i was intend to watch. This was one of them. Glad i didnt miss the finish map.

I really like the small structures. The only thing that bothers me is Merchant's Rest's arrow pointing the island. I assume the island near it is in the way for better placement of the label and if you do it near island peole get confued which one is the Rest. In that case i would erase that small island to the left, put the label closer and erased arrow.

Also outer glow (or shadow) of some labels makes them hard to read. The worst is Merchant's rest i guess. I would advice to play more with the that option for your next map.
    Thanks Voolf. Yes, I find that often happens with me as well, but as long as I see the finished product it's okay.
    I didn't even think of that. I did use the arrow because the other island was in the way. At least with the arrow you won't be mistaken that it's an island.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    This map has turned out amazing Josiah! I've said it in the WIP but I really like the icons and the little fields you put in. The rest of the map is also splendid: linework is great and I love how you've done the forests West of Frostmarch. I'll give you some rep when I can!
    Thank you very much Daniel!

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    As always your linework and colour palette are lovely Josiah. Another great piece to add to your portfolio!

The little symbols are lovely and I think the more cyclindrical ones are my favourites (the windmill and little round towers particularly!)
    Thanks GLS! I'm also rather fond of the windmills.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    What beautiful mountains you draw

And what lovely colours you paint

Inspirational indeed.
    Thank you very much Mouse. Your input along the way was very helpful.
    Do you find the border lines any better now?

Quote Originally Posted by - Max - View Post
    Overall a nice job but some labels are hard to read.
    Thanks Max. I agree with you on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    I concurr with Max. It's a really beautiful map, but maybe for the locations dark labels with a light stroke would have worked better.

Edit: Sorry, can't rep you atm.
    Thank you very much Wired! I shall keep it in mind in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleri View Post
    Harmonic colors and balanced layout, well done! It has a very soft feel to it, makes me immediately think of a relatively peaceful farming communities. I personally would have gone with a stronger paper texture, but this is of course coming from someone who's not happy until she's slapped 10 textures on a single map...

Consider yourself repped!
    What a lovely comment! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    It looks really good Josiah.
    The icons worked out well.
    All in all it has a really nice feel to it.
    Thank you very much John, much appreciated.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    A beautiful piece of work Josiah. I look forward to seeing more of your excellent work
    Thanks Straf!

Quote Originally Posted by RafaelLVX View Post
    This. It's not just cartography, it's artistic really. And it's so clear to navigate when every little hill is so detailed. I love this map.
    Thanks Rafael!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Very nice!

Edit...I tried giving you some rep, but I wasn't allowed just yet, but the sentiment is there, I really love you're style.
    THanks Kacey!
    Yep, it's the thought that counts.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    I think everyone who has already commented has pretty much said what I was going to say! The map is gorgeous. You have mad skillz, Josiah! I love the mountains, forests and icons. They're beautifully drawn and coloured. I have to echo the comments about some of the labels. They don't quite 'pop' off the page enough, in my opinion. But that aside, it's a fantastic map and one to be proud off.
    Why thank you very much for the lovely comment Chickpea!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    A very fine map with its own unique flavour .
    Thanks Ilanthar!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Really nice work On this map, Josiah. Your progress in the map making process are great. Waiting to see your next steps and maps. Repped.

Overall it looks really good, however the northern lands look extremely barren, is that on purpose or something?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12