Thread: Erdan world map (made with CC3)

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Erdan world map (made with CC3)

Greetings all.

Not that i have posted much lately, nor had much time for mapping, but here it is my last map so me and my friends can dwelve in. I will post later a version with labelling.

It´s made in Campaign Cartographer 3 taking the 13th Age Annual style as a base and then customize it a bit. I also used PS for some effects and some symbols creation, but if i would use CC3+ i wouldn´t really need PS. Too bad this Annual is not compatible (yet) with CC3+, although soon they all will be.

CC3 is a great world generator. Maybe not as artistic as PS mapping could seem, but you can always take the best of both to create beautiful maps.

Hope you enjoy it (sorry about map res, can bring a higher res map if you really want to)
    Mapa final web (2).png

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

This is really neat! I especially like the border. Simple but effective. A higher res map would be nice, if not for this version then at least for the one with labels.

If I had to have one nitpick, it'd be the C-shaped island in the north that should be frozen all over since it's so close to the pole and there are parts to the south of it that are already covered with snow.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks! I think this page doesn´t have options to put more resolution on it...i even have a 66 mg PNG which will use for printing.

Good thing you mentioned that island... it has a meaning that it´s not full covered with ice at should be. There is where the elves lived. Eleves, if put in enough numbers and with time, produce naturally a special "magic" which changes the soil and the climate around them, that´s why the island has was much warmer than expected (something like Shangri-La, for taking a real world myth reference).

I wrote "lived" because some few years ago a demons horde coming from the North (in my last campaign the world, which was sealed, was finally opened and connected with the universe but that meant the Lower Planes also appeared, and in the North there is a place where the snow is black, and there is a Gate to the Abyss) who killed most of the elves and made all others be refugees in other kingdoms. Now the land slowly is losing that special condition and northern part starts to get frozen as it should be. Not all them will do, as there are a few number of elves which resist the horde in there, in the middle island.

This makes the rest of the elves in the world to be nomadic and all them are searching for a way to recover their homeland. Male elves which are aggresive looks for riches so they can hire an army (or two) which lets them do it. Female elves (very scarce as most of them were in their homeland when the horde suddenly attacked, meaning they´re really treasured by male elves. Elves have difficulties on breeding, and with less women this makes the elves situation in Erdan a bit critical), which are more paused and with a talent for magic, are searching for a more esoteric solution. Don´t need to say roleplaying an elf in my world is simply awesome (in my humble opinion, that is).

Gotta add the political map now and put the best resolution possible on this page... hope you enjoy it!

Mapa político.png