Thread: [WIP] Zenikaba

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Wip [WIP] Zenikaba

Hey guys! I haven't done a WIP thread (or a personal map project) in a while so I wanted to share my current one with you all as it progresses.

The idea here is to create a semi-realistic style map in a tropical/Caribbean type setting. I'm going to take an educated shot and say that the island is about 500 miles across, so just a bit larger than Hispaniola (Dominican Republic/Haiti). At the moment I'm calling it Zenikaba. I'm thinking it's going to involve ancient troll cities and human expedition camps

All I've done so far is lay down basic colours for land/sea and defined the landmass shape. Then I've used a cloud layer in Multiply mode and tweaked using the clone tool to define the mountains which I'll refine later. Any comments/advice would be great!

### Latest WIP ###
    Zenikaba-DRAFT 01.jpg
    Last edited by Cirias; 02-09-2017 at 07:59 AM.

I like the topography but it seems to me that all the mountains ranges have the same orientation, which looks a bit odd, imho.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Cirias's Avatar

Here's the next update. I had a rethink of the elevation and got something a bit more natural looking. I've started to shade in the elevated areas brown and began picking out the ridges with a dark airbrush. Also started adding some finer waves closer to the shoreline.

### Latest WIP ###
    Zenikaba-DRAFT 02.jpg