Thread: MicroSaga - A podcast of epic world building based on the Microscope RPG

Guild Apprentice

Discuss MicroSaga - A podcast of epic world building based on the Microscope RPG

Hi all,

A few friends and I are considering starting a podcast called microSaga, where we would use the Microscope RPG system to build up an epic Fantasy/Sci-fi world. We'd be looking to post content fortnightly to begin with.

The idea would be that, rather than create a large world and then explore just a very small part of it, we would explore the world across multiple ages, seeing how nations rise and fall, and how the past can affect events far into the future.

I just wanted to find out if this is something that people would be interested in. I also wanted to see if anyone had ideas on what they might like to have included in such a podcast. We'd hope that it would become interactive over time, with others also contributing to what happens in the world, and writing scenes and micro adventures that can be added into the large story arc that we create.

I'd also like to get into mapping various parts of the world as it progressed, preferably fan maps of different regions (hence posting here).

If you're interested you can follow us on twitter @microsagacast for updates on progress and to find out when the first episode is released.

tl;dr Would you listen to a fantasy/sci-fi world building podcast using the microscope rpg system? @microsagacast

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I'm not familiar with that RPG at all, but I'd definitely be up for a world-building podcast! Can't ever have enough of those...

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Southern Crane's Avatar

I second Diamond. I don't know Microscope rpg but any world building podcast I would gladly listen to.