Thread: New battlemap-creation software on the way

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    ...Also, for Mouse, if you have layers that are greyscale (shadows, masks etc) then do set the Image / Mode to Greyscale instead of the default RGB which should quarter the amount of RAM Gimp will allocate for it. But 10K x 10K x greyscale x 135 = 13.5Gb of RAM uncompressed and if they were RGB then that would be 54Gb of RAM required. Not many image editors are going to handle that and CC3 is not going to either if those are genuinely bitmap layers your referring to.
    That's a useful tip about using greyscale in GIMP. Thanks Red

In answer to your last point - CC3+ uses bitmap textures to fill polygons, and most of the symbols/icons are tiny bitmap images, but none of them are stored in the CC3 file. They are all referenced by the software and 'called' (I hope that's the right term) from elsewhere to be displayed on the screen and used to calculate the final output render/export bitmap. Its just easier to refer to them as layers when discussing them with non-CC3 mappers

EDIT: Heruca - When I made my earlier comments about 32-bit being perfectly ok, I was trying to encourage your entrepreneurial spirit, not start an argument with anyone! LOL! Best of luck with your project
    Last edited by Mouse; 02-17-2017 at 10:40 AM.