Thread: New battlemap-creation software on the way

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I just wanted to thank Bogie for this announcement he posted in the News subforum and Mark Oliva for this update (because it's not possible to respond in those threads). You guys are awesome!

And to update that update, the MapForge Kickstarter has since blasted past the first Stretch Goal, which means that 5 free Add-Ons will be produced and released, some of which even allow for publishing and commercial use. More info here. As for the funding, it just broke $21K.

Quick question: Are CC3 symbols in a standard/open format, or in a proprietary one? Are they simply vector shapes, or is there more to a symbol than that? I ask because MapForge could work with vector shapes, so I'm wondering if that presents an opportunity to greatly expand the potential usable art library.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Quote Originally Posted by heruca View Post
    Quick question: Are CC3 symbols in a standard/open format, or in a proprietary one? Are they simply vector shapes, or is there more to a symbol than that? I ask because MapForge could work with vector shapes, so I'm wondering if that presents an opportunity to greatly expand the potential usable art library.
    The CC3+ vector symbols are in a proprietary format, but their line-tone character, I think, would make most of them rather useless in the types of maps that MapForge makes.

The CC3+ raster (bitmap) symbols all are normal PNGs, but be careful here! ProFantasy has very, very tight license restrictions on its symbols.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Stretch Goal #3 has been unlocked! MapForge will now have 9 free content Add-Ons! That should help offset the modest cost of the software.

An Update will be posted tonight on the KS page to preview the 4 Add-Ons there were just unlocked.

The MapForge Kickstarter campaign now has well over 1000 backers, and 18 days remain.
    Looking for battlemap creation software that can be used to create gorgeous print-resolution output on Windows or Mac OS?
    Give MapForge a try.

Quote Originally Posted by heruca View Post
    An Update will be posted tonight on the KS page to preview the 4 Add-Ons there were just unlocked.
    Here's a link to that Update.
    Give MapForge a try.